19.4.12

Last Easter


It has been a year since this photo was taken. So much has changed since then! Last year we were just friends and very quietly dating. This year? Feeling like a old married couple already even though we're just 8 months into marriage. He cleans the kitchen. I do the laundry. He does most of the cooking. I make really good cappuccinos and ice cream sundaes (plus I don't burn the popcorn!). His preference is watching football or historical movies...I'd rather watch Master Chef or Tom & Jerry. He always wears slippers in the house. I tend the go barefoot and freeze my toes off. I don't understand why he likes his breakfast eggs cooked in oil, and he can't understand my American love for peanut butter. Marriage is full of differences. In taste, in preference, in viewpoint, in understanding. Not to mention for us we are from two difference cultures on top of all the normal things! :-) But all the differences is what makes marriage so much fun. I am constantly learning new things about my husband that I never knew before, and I have a feeling it will be like that until the day we die! He introduces me to new things and encourages me to step out of my comfort zone and be adventurous. I'm blessed to say that so far our marriage has be wonderful. No, he doesn't drag me outside to dance in the rain. Yes, we've gone to bed angry (at least I have! lol.). But after all, we're both human, imperfect ones at that! So really, striving for perfection is the farthest thing from my mind at this point. Instead I'm trying to learn to be more forgiving. To not hold grudges. To be more understanding, and more flexible! To not be so selfish and to think of HIM before I think of me. I'm learning to be more communicative, and less sarcastic. More loving, less moody. Marriage definitely isn't easy, I can't lie. But is it worth all the work put into it? Yes, absolutely. I never have regretted the day I gave him my number, accepted a ring on my finger, or said "I Do" at the alter. Life with him has been nothing short of sweetness and I feel blessed beyond measure.


This is a photo from this Easter, taken by my iPhone, so forgive the lovely instagram effects. :-)
You know, I've learned that it isn't about being with a perfect person, or being perfect yourself. It's about two imperfect people working together perfectly towards the same goals. Love. Happiness. Peace. Contentment. Friendship. Loyalty. So in one way, I have found my perfectness. It is right here, content in his arms.
Until next time,
Marie




7 comments:

  1. This is so sweet! You are such a wonderful couple!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your honesty only makes the sweetness all the more poignant! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet, thoughtful post! I can't wait to write posts like this after I'm 8-month-old-married-person! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh-so-true. God bless and keep you and your marriage until next Easter {and beyond ;-)}!

    ReplyDelete
  5. awww!!! so is he Romanian then???? i love the pics of you two together!! :)

    love,
    manda
    http://meandjesus-amanda.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.... :)
    So sweet!
    I just died a little.
    Ky
    www.thebirdssay.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This post made me die inside just a little. I hope to have a beautiful love like you and your husband someday! ❤

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thank's so much for taking the time to visit my blog. I love hearing feedback from my readers, your comments bring sunshine into my day! Please no anonymous commenters, sign your comment with your name or a nickname so I know who you are! :-) Wishing you a fabulous day, XO, Marie